Q: The undercarriage plastic that keeps the bottom of the car protected has lowered(the front end dragging)

asked by on December 16, 2016

So I drive a BMW 323i. A few hours i reversed it over a broom and now the broom got stuck under it . So we had to use a jack to lift the one end slightly up as you would do when changing a tyre. So I had got that broom out. But what the issue now is , is that the broom pulled the front end plastic cover under the car,out . Not completely but it's not dragging on the floor. It's just pulled out and it's stable there . But I haven't driven it yet. I'm sure that if I hit a speed hump it is going to drag a bit. But do I need the replace that part or can I go without it . And what's the cost of replacement on the plastic undercarriage. It's just the front half that's pulled down to just a few cm over the ground .

Thanks for your assistance taken to help me

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If you had jammed the broom under the vehicle then it more than likely warped the plate. When this occurs in some cases the cover can be removed and then straightened and reinstalled. Most of the time though once this occurs the cover needs to be replaced. You can drive without it, but you should not do this as it keeps water and other foreign material from entering the engine compartment. You should have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, see if it can be [reinstalled or if it needs to be replaced]https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-making-a-noise-inspection