Q: The shift gets stuck when the car slows down

Hello. I have transmission issues with my car that seem to occur when I'm in stop-and-go traffic. If I drive at the same speed constantly, I don't have problems. But, if I bring the car to a halt at a stop light for instance, the automatic shift gets stuck and won't change shift. Also, the dashboard lights come on and there is beeping. Then, if I shoot it off right away, it is fine. What could cause this? How can I fix it? Thank you.

The transmission shifter may be losing communication with the transmission control unit (TCU) causing intermittent communication problems. The system may need to have the transfer case reset after testing for codes. The reset will reset the communications and should fix the problem. Have a Mercedes scanner test the system and look for possible codes. Then have the reprogram done.