Q: the horn honks when turning the key to start the truck?

the horn honks when the starter is engaged. ive tried fuses relays and thinking it could be a modular

A: Both the power to the ignition switch and t...

Both the power to the ignition switch and the ground to the horn relay pass through the clockspring. The clockspring is a spiral-wound electrical connector which allows a vehicle’s steering wheel to turn while still making an electrical connection between the vehicle’s horn and other parts of the electrical system. My guess is that the clockspring is where your problem lies. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect and repair your vehicle firsthand (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/electrical-components-are-not-working-inspection).