Q: The engine is off, radiator fan still works, AC issues

Hello. I purchased a previously owned Mazda 5 and there are some issues with it that I wasn't familiar with when I bought it. When the key is in the on position, the radiator fan wouldn't quit working. This happens even though the engine is off. If I turn the AC on, then the raditor fan would go off. I took the car to the dealer and was told that there was a raditor fan replacement and that during that repair, the wires were connected differently than they should be. I was told that I needed a new fan controle module. That didn't help however. Another issue is with the AC, which doesn't work well, esepecially while driving at town speeds, whereas it works great at highway speeds. The previous owner says the AC works fine. The compressor was replaced by a new one along with a new pressure switch, according to him. Do you have any idea how I could fix these issues? Thank you.

A: Since the wiring system has been modified a...

Since the wiring system has been modified and the fan wired hot at all times with the key on. I recommend having a mechanic diagnose the real problem with the wiring since it may be an issue with the internals of the body control module, it’s not turning on the cooling fan relay module. This would need to be scanned to diagnosed.

The A/C blows warm since the fan may have stopped working and the A/C was not charged enough or too much. It may have lost some charge also which is another thing which needs to be checked.

If you’d like to get this fixed, get assistance from a professional mechanic who can perform the necessary steps to diagnose your AC problem. Once this is done, an accurate repair can be made.