Q: The dealer says I need to replace my drive belt I had it replaced at 79000 miles and I am now at 124000 miles. I don't see any cra

How often is a drive belt changed on a Jeep Liberty. I had mine done at 79000 miles and I now have 124000. The dealer says its worn and should be replaced it looks like it's in really good shape to me.

Drive belts are recommended to be changed between 40,000 and 70,000 miles. This is completely dependent on how the car is driven, and the conditions of the belt. Dirt, grime, harsh heat, bitter cold, high moisture, and other environmental conditions can effect the lifespan of your drive belts. Some belts have been known to function perfectly passed 100,000 miles. Take a look at the belts while the car is on, and your air conditioner running. Does the belt appear to be slipping? If the belt is not frayed, cracked, has chunks missing, or another physical deformity, then it may be stretched. I would ask the dealer specifically what the issue is with the belt. If they have noticed something is wrong with it, then they should be able to tell you what the diagnosis is before you proceed with purchasing a new one.

• The dealer says I need to replace my drive belt I had it replaced at 79000 miles and I am now at 124000 miles. I don't see any cra