Q: The CD will not eject a disk.

The CD holds six CD's. When I push the eject button I can hear the motor run but no disc is ejected. I hesitate to remove the disk player. Tried to insert a thin metal strip with two sided tape in the hopes that I could fish out the disk that is jammed this would do the job.. My problem is the CD door is closed and hesitate to put a lot of pressure in an attempt to open the door for fear of damage same. Am I right about that? Since I hear the motor run to eject a disk but no disk is ejected I assume on of the disk is jammed. Am I right about that? May I thank you in advance for your help. Sincerely Joe Gage

Hi Joe. This is a concern I’ve experienced on multiple Lexus and Toyota vehicles and, yes, this inserting a tool into the cd door will damage the unit. What sounds like has happened is that the internal eject mechanism has a worn or loosened gear that is not allowing the cd to be ejected. If you want to retrieve the cd, you will need to remove the unit and disassemble it; this will void any credit toward a core should you replace the unit. The radio is not built by Lexus or Toyota, but there are replacements available via the dealer at a lower cost than new. However, what is the value of the cd to you? If you replace the unit with a remanufactured unit available via the dealership, they can submit your mailing address for the maker to send your cd back to you. You could also opt to replace the cd with a new one and replace the faulty unit with a comparable aftermarket unit. Your Mechanic has technicians available to assist you with a radio inspection and provide you with an estimate and alternatives.