Q: The car is driving jerky in speed after a vacuum pump was put in

I have had my car in and out of the shop for the past month. First time was for breaks, then another thing I cannot remember now, then this last time, (Friday) for a vacuum pump. Yesterday, when I would get below 55-50 mph to start slowing down, it would slow down very fast then speed back up very fast making the car drive extremely jerky. Then when I tried to slow down to stop it was like the car wasn't idling down or shifting down because I could feel it still inching forward with my foot all the way down on the break. What is wrong and how much may this cost to fix it? I've had issues with this car (too many to remember all) for the past 2 years that I've had it.

A: I would recommend having a complete vacuum ...

I would recommend having a complete vacuum leak test done. Chances are that there is still a leak after installing the new vacuum pump, which could be causing the jerky sensation that you have described. A vacuum leak can easily cause power surges which are a result of an imbalance of air flow, which indirectly impacts the air/fuel mixture.