Q: The car cut off and couldn't be started

I need some advice on this pretty serious issue with my car. It has around 150,000 miles on it. Before this happened, I only had occasional issues with the AC blowing warm or turning off occasionally. The other day, I tried to apply brakes at the traffic light, but they weren't working, along with the steering wheel that I wasn't able to turn. The gauge lights, headlights and radio were on but the car just wouldn't start. The lights on the dashboard are illuminated and the car wouldn't even crank. Do you have any idea what happened to my vehicle?

Hello. It sounds like something may have seized in the engine. Before anything, I would check the battery and see if it died and make sure that the engine belt is intact. If the battery and belt are fine, I would pull the belt off and see if the engine cranks. If it does, then one of the accessories has seized. If not, then I try cranking the engine by hand to see if it has seized. If it cannot be moved, then the engine will need to be replaced. If you need to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car starting issue and make the necessary repairs to get you back on the road.

3. The car cut off and couldn't be started