Q: The car crank but won't start

Hi my problem is my car won't start. It started with engine light not blink but flicker for a minute then stays on. If the engine light is on the car would start and if it was off it won't. I took it to the shop and he said harness or computer because when he wiggles the wire of the computer the car would start. So I took it home and every time I won't to start it I had to wiggle the computer wires and the car would start. One day i tried to start the car but it refused so I took it back to the shop and got a used computer online but it still won't start. it only cranks but won't start. So please give me an advise it's been at the shop for a month now.

A: Hi there. This does sound like an issue wit...

Hi there. This does sound like an issue with the wiring. If the check engine light is coming on every now and then this means that when it does not come on there is no power to the computer. This can be the wiring harness issue or an ignition switch problem. I would have to test for voltage to the computer when the problem is occurring to be able to find where the issue lies. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to inspect your vehicle’s non-start issue and suggest any necessary repairs.