Q: Terrible gas mileage

I get about 18 mile per gallon in the city and just driving back and forth to work (about 5 miles) I'll have to refill once every other week, even more when the A/C is on. What would be the cause of such terrible mileage? I recently had my oil changed and new tires put on, I've used fuel injector cleaner and even installed a new PCV valve and it still does nothing to help.

Hi there. There are dozens of problems that can lead to a drop in gas mileage, some of them are serious and some can be easily corrected. Some common problems include faulty O2 sensors, spark plugs worn out, damaged mass air flow sensor or ignition system issues. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is getting worse gas mileage inspection, to see if they ca isolate the source of this problem on your Hyundai and recommend the right repairs.

3. Terrible gas mileage