Q: Temporary engine noise

During my last service, the timing belt was replaced on my Honda Odyssey 2007. Since then, there is a loud noise when the engine starts, and this noise goes away after about 10 minutes.

Hello. It sounds like your serpentine belt or one of the pulleys for the serpentine belt is the cause of the bad noise you are hearing. It is also possible that there is a bad pulley for the timing belt. I would suggest first, taking your van back to the shop where it was fixed to have them check their work to see what is causing the noise you are hearing. If you prefer, you can always have another certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your engine noise to determine any issues you may have.

3. Temporary engine noise