Q: temperature gage

Its only 25 degrees outside and snowing so i got in started the truck drove about 2 blocks and the temperature gage was in red. What could be wrong for it to be so hot in such cold weather

Even in 25 degree temperatures, modern engines are designed to heat up quickly for emissions reasons. If the thermostat is stuck closed and not opening gradually, the engine can rapidly overheat - even at 25 degree ambient temperatures. Short of possible a faulty coolant temperature sensor, the thermostat is the most likely cause.

Have a certified technician look into the running hot/overheating as soon as possible. Continued driving with the engine running hot can cause severe engine damage - even in low ambient temperatures. .

3. temperature gage