Q: Sun visor is becoming a hazard

The sun visor in my 2006 Honda Civic is barely functional at this point. It was sort of loose one day and since then has gotten worse. Now there is no point in putting the visor in front of you, as it’ll just move back and forth while the car is moving. It also jiggles like it's going to fall off. When a part this simple breaks, it really makes me worry about the rest of the car! This problem first occurred when the car was at like ~90,000 miles. How can I fix this annoying problem once and for all?

A: The sun visors on Honda Civic models rangin...

The sun visors on Honda Civic models ranging from 2006 to early 2009 are known to have issues with internal splitting, causing sticking/binding or looseness. There was a class action lawsuit settled in September 2011, extending the warranty on the sun visors. If you have paid out of pocket to replace the visor(s) and can provide proper documentation, you might be eligible for reimbursement from Honda. You should contact Honda with your VIN to see if you're still covered under the settlement to have your current visors replaced.