Q: Stutter on acceleration, and noise from under the hood.

When I start the car it make an abnormal fan/"errrr" sound when idling. When it's idling the noise will come and go. Also makes that sound when accelerating. When I accelerate from a stop the car will hesitate a little until it gets going. There is no loss of power, but just the hesitation. A couple months ago I got the 100,000 tune up, and TPS relearn, because I was told it was a good chance that would fix the problem. I also just had the camshaft sensor replaced last week, atleast was told that it was. The check engine light is on as well with codes P0011 and P0746. I'm now starting my own in depth research before I take it anywhere else to pay to have it looked at.

Hi there:

The P0011 OBD-II error code is a generic code indicating the engine control module (ECM) has determined that the bank 1 intake camshaft is more advanced than what the ECM has commanded it be. This over-advanced condition could be during advancing or retarding of the camshaft timing. Some of the common causes of this error code include;

The camshaft and crankshaft sensors have indicated the camshaft is more advanced than the ECM has commanded it to advance.

The camshaft is too advanced when the ECM has commanded the camshaft to retard to a lower timing level.

The oil control solenoid to the bank 1 camshaft may be stuck or have clogged passages.

The oil is too thick causing the passages to become clogged due to lack of oil flow to and from the camshaft phasers.

The camshaft phasers are stuck in the advanced position.

The best advice we can offer is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection; so they can hopefully pinpoint what’s causing the issues you’re having on your Nissan.

3. Stutter on acceleration, and noise from under the hood.