Q: Have a stuck spark plug and cannot get it out.

asked by on December 23, 2016

There is a spark plug in the far back that is stuck and won't come so I took a picture of it and it seems to be a lot of gunck stuck inside it..what can I do??

Spark Plugs Replacement $96.63 - $636.71 Get a Quote

Hello. Typically if there is a lot of debris in that spark plug hole then that needs to be removed first. I usually fill part of the hole with either a penetrating liquid or a degreaser. Once that is allowed to penetrate I use a long probe to scrape out all that I can and then I vacuum out any debris. Once that is removed the spark plug can be slowly removed. This engine has a history of these issues and some of the time the cylinder head will need to be removed in order to get the spark plug out. If you need some assistance with removing this spark plug, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [remove the spark plugs] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/spark-plugs-replacement

Hi there. Get some brake cleaner and spray it into the spark plug hole around the spark plug allow the cleaner to help break up the gunk. Then use a pick to chip out the gunk to get a socket on the spark plug. Then you can remove the spark plug. If you need further assistance with getting your spark plug out, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.