Q: Still not able to reset the engine hours on my 2016 f250 the menu does not give you an option

Ask a question from y'all yesterday about resetting the engine hours on my 2016 f250 and y'all replied that I can do it using the trucks information menu you can't do it this way then the mechanic said I could use a scan tool I don't own a scan tool and if I buy one I don't want to waste money so what type of tool would do this?

The information provided yesterday was sourced from the actual 2016 F-250 Owner’s Manual. In terms of scan tools, a Ford IDS (Integrated Diagnostic System) scan tool is the current tool that would have that capability. Due to the high cost of the system, it will be cheaper to have a dealer re-set the meter. It is possible that some of the more costly aftermarket scan tools, typically these would be referred to as "bi-directional" scan tools, have his capability but you would have to call the Tech Support line to confirm any specific capabilities. Snap-On is a major professional scan tool vendor and they would be able to let you know which, if any, of their Ford tools would work.

3. Still not able to reset the engine hours on my 2016 f250 the menu does not give you an option