Q: I will be performing steering wheel and interior modifications.

I'm Building a Subaru Legacy and was wanting to know if what i am doing to the interior is legal and passes inspection. My driver seat collapsed from the last owner and im putting a Sparco Street fighter bucket seat with Sparco 4 point harness in place of the OEM Seat. The steering wheel will also be aftermarket and will have no airbag (I destroyed the airbag because i stripped a bolt and had to tear the airbag in half to get to the wheel's bolt). Im worried that this would not pass Colorado's vehicle inspection and before I show up to a testing center I wanted to know if this set up would work.

Hi there. Replacing the seats will be fine as long as there is a lap and chest belt. A 4 point harness is great to have. For the airbag, the vehicle is required to have a driver airbag for street driving. I would contact the inspections department and ask them what you can do about the modifications for the vehicle. They will best tell you what you can and cannot do with your vehicle. Safety is a big thing when it comes to driving on public streets or highways. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with the safety devices for your vehicle.

3. I will be performing steering wheel and interior modifications.