Q: Steering making noise

My car is mitsubshi Pajero 2010. When i turning my steering it making noise. Not very loud but enough to bothering. That noise has been notice 3 weeks ago and getting obvious about 1 week now. Break pad had been replaced a month ago. Would it the power steering system or just the low fluid ? Please advise and how much it will cost me to get it fix. Thank you.

This is quite likely your power steering system that is low on fluid. As you may know, the power steering system uses a pump, normally driven by a belt. The pump supplies pressure as it is turned by your engine, and driver control is supplied by either the rack and pinion or a steering gear box. Fluid pressure from the pump is used to push against a piston. When the wheel is turned, pressure flows to one side and this piston moves. The piston is attached to the steering gears. As the hydraulic pressure does the work, the driver controls the direction by turning the steering wheel. When the power steering system is low on fluid, this creates a lack of hydraulic pressure to assist in your steering. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your power steering fluid.

3. Steering making noise