Q: Steering issues

asked by on June 04, 2016

When parked steering has no freewheel but when driving it seems to have alot especially noticeable when going around slight curves or turns

It is possible that the play you are feeling in your steering wheel may be related to worn out wheel bearings.

The wheel bearings may not be noticeable in the steering wheel when the vehicle is stopped or parked, but when going around slight curves, the play would be noticeable.

I would recommend having a steering and suspension inspection performed on your vehicle. This inspection would go over tie rods, ball joints, wheel bearings, intermediate shaft, rack and pinion, power steering pump, and a few others. This inspection is certainly the first place to start when diagnosing the issue you are having.

YourMechanic offers mobile mechanics who can come to your home or office to perform inspections such as this at your convenience.