Q: Q: Starting issues

I was driving my car and then parked for few minutes after that when i started the car before that i just tried to explore my rear view mirror on which there was a button that says on star i pushed button several times and by doing that an icon appeared on my dashboard which was a battery i normally drive back to my home and turned off the car and tried to start again but the car is not starting and i can see the bolt like sign on my dash is there any thing to do with my battery ?

Hi There, The lightening bolt refers to a warning indicating there is a problem with the electronic throttle control system. Occasionally, this can happen when there is an electrical glitch in the computer. Try doing the following to see if you are able to reset the electronic throttle control system:

• Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" position but do not start the engine (
  • Wait for all the warning lights to go out. The check engine light may remain on.
  • Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.
  • Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it is all the way back up at the rest position.
  • Turn the ignition key to "OFF" position.
  • Start the engine and test the throttle to see if the engine will throttle up.

If the above process does not work, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. Q: Starting issues