Q: Starting Issue

When I try to start my car after having not driven it for a few days (2 + days) it seems like it takes a bit longer to start. When I turn the key it cranks for a few seconds longer than normal before turning over.I replaced my battery about 1.5 to 2 years ago. What can be causing this?

Although you’ve replaced the battery, it should still be tested. The battery is the heart of the starting and charging systems. However, with a known good battery, suspect the starter or fuel delivery next. A certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, would be happy to inspect your vehicle and pinpoint the problem.