Q: Starting after 38 times

I have to press on the gas about 38 times to get my C10 Silverado to start. Then when it finally starts, it dies. I finally got it to keep running after 4 times of pumping the gas. Could this have to do with dual gas tanks and gas going into the carburetor that was just rebuilt? It has a new fuel pump, and the repair garage just adjusted the idle up and fixed the choke. Do know how to fix the problem?

Hello. If it takes multiple times of applying the pedal to get the vehicle started, then you may have an issue with the fuel lines. If there is any air getting into the lines, then this will occur. Most of the time though it is due to the carburetor having an internal issue. The rebuild may not have taken care of it so it may need a new one. If you need to have this looked at further, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your vehicle’s hard start and help you move forward with repairs.

3. Starting after 38 times