Q: started jeep then died

I went to start my TJ today and turned the key half way. But before I started it the gauges functioned normally and the voltmeter read between 9 and 14. When I turned the key it started up, but the voltmeter dropped all the way down and the jeep died. Then I started it again, gave it some gas, and it idled just fine. Is this normal? Do I need to fix my jeep?

Hello. Your 2004 Jeep TJ may have a voltage regulator inside of the alternator that is beginning to go bad or a dirty/faulty idle air control valve. I suggest that you have a technician check the condition of the alternator and the idle air control valve to help determine the cause of your vehicle stall.