Q: Squealing noise when engine is at optimal temperature only happens in gear or given gas.

Since i bought the car a year ago a few months after it started to squeak from the engine area gradually over time the squeak has gotten worse. It only happens when im either in neuteral and give it gas or when i give it gas while shifting and it constantly squeaks when in gear i noticed its worse when in lower rpms, however recently when downshifting once i down shift and the rpms drop to about 2000 rmp i can hear a vionlent ratlle like the clutch is loose or something. Im very concerned with this and can't afford to spend a boat load to fix it. And nkw the final thing, when it has been driven for at least 10-30 minutes if i idle randomly the revs will droo too 600-500 rmp and shake for like a second go back up to 800-700 and it will keep doing that over again

Hi there. The noise could be either the drive belt being loose or the pilot bearing to the transmission is seizing up. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your squealing noise.

• Squealing noise when engine is at optimal temperature only happens in gear or given gas.