Q: 2006 Ford Mustang has check engine light on

asked by on March 03, 2017

Hello,. I have had my car serviced twice with your mechanic , 1st appt. my check engine light was on , mechanic replaced two sensors. was told from mechanic to drive 40 plus miles and the engine light would turn off and I should with no problem to pass my smog check. ( it never turned off) and failed smog check ,that I need desperately 2nd appt. Mechanic serviced my car replaced fuse , ( check engine light turned off )..once again told me to drive my car 50+ miles before going to get smog check ... My CHECK ENGINE light turned back on 3/3/17 help me!!!! please text me asap sincerely Josephine Berumen

There are countless potential causes for your illuminated check engine light. The mechanic manually turned off the light, but it came back on because the problem has not been fixed. The first place to start is retrieval of the stored diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). These codes serve as a starting point for any further diagnostics a mechanic may perform. Codes will be stored anytime the check engine light is on. Since the first mechanic was unable to fix your concern, I recommend giving the professionals at YourMechanic a call. We offer expert check engine light diagnosis and repair.