Q: Spark plug chaos. Rubber stoppers are preventing the spark plugs from coming out.

My spark plug firing order is 1342. On spark plug 1, there is a rubber stopper on the sides of the spark plug that is preventing me from changing it out... spark plug 2 did not have this issues... spark plugs 4 and 2 has a big black square housing unit on top that is covering the spark plug at the bottom, when I pulled it off there was a rubber stopper there too that prevented me from pulling the spark plugs out of there too.. I'm just really lost on how to change these out and get the rubber thingy out of the spark plug whole.!

Hi there. Try using a pair of small needle nose pliers to pull off the rubber boots from the spark plugs. As you pull, twist the rubber boots to break them free. If you cannot get the rubber boots off, then try using some mineral oil on the boots to aid them off, then clean off the oil with soap and water with degreaser. If you need further assistance with removing the boots from the spark plugs, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Spark plug chaos. Rubber stoppers are preventing the spark plugs from coming out.