Q: Sometimes i can turn my key all the way and it'll start the car. Other times it wont. Despite that, the key is locked in my igniti

I need help asap before spending alot of money i don't have. I've checked my fuses, tried the battery thing and just about everything i seen online. I just need some professional advice The key gets locked in the ignition and i have to use the manual release to get it iut. The theft light stays on and it says service theft system. I'm in a rut man

Hello. This is a very common problem on this vehicle. It is almost always a failing ignition switch. The switch fails and causes the key lock cylinder to hang up and not turn right. I usually remove the key lock cylinder and turn the ignition switch to see if it is binding. It usually will be. I have also had issues with the shifter interlock causing this. If you need to have this checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the key will not turn properly] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/ignition-key-is-stuck-and-does-not-turn-inspection

3. Sometimes i can turn my key all the way and it'll start the car. Other times it wont. Despite that, the key is locked in my igniti