Q: Q: I have no 3rd or 4th gears

NOT ANSWERED CORRECTLY IN LAST RESPONSE..... The issue I have is that 1st 2nd 5th and reverse all work great. When I shift into 3rd or 4th it is like I'm in neutral. I just bought the car and don't know what happened to cause the issue but I know the clutch is still good as it goes into all gears just has nothing in 3rd or 4th. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Hi Robert. We understood your inquiry correctly the first time you submitted the question. The truth is that without completing an onsite inspection, telling you the exact reason why you are not getting third or fourth gear to shift is impossible. On a Nissan 300Z transmission, the 3rd and 4th gear are both on the main shaft inside the transmission. Those gears have a synchronizer that connects the gears together. In GENERAL, if you can shift into all gears ok - EXCEPT 3rd or 4th, it’s likely due to a mechanical failure inside the gear and syncrhonizer. Unfortunately, this is not a service we offer. You might want to consult with a transmission repair facility.

3. Q: I have no 3rd or 4th gears