Q: somethint loose inside steering

Whenever I drive on a rough surface there is something inside steering that goes shakes as if it is loose. I am not able to figure out but Nissan said steering shaft needs changed. When passing a big bumps or when on high speed no noise. But always on rough roads and especially when on slow speed I hear the banging inside. I have already changed front stabilize bar control links and front control arms last year. But not much difference. I have posted YouTube video . If U can take a look. Thanks a ton. https://youtu.be/UYxVIbXCeBI

Hello. Noises from the steering wheel can be caused by a few different things. If the noises appear to be coming from inside of the vehicle then it may be possible that one of the steering column components, perhaps the intermediate shaft, may be loose or worn. The intermediate shaft is the component that connects the steering wheel to the vehicle’s steering mechanism. It has a joint that can wear out over time and cause noise, as well as loose steering. I would also look at the vehicle’s steering components, mainly the inner and outer tie rods, to make sure that they are in good condition. Loose or worn tie rod ends can cause steering noise and eventually looseness, especially when driving over rough terrain, as the suspension and steering take on increased stress. Similar symptoms can also be caused by worn suspension components, such as bushings or ball joints. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to (diagnose the cause of the noises)[https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/banging-noises-when-driving-over-the-bumps-inspection].

3. somethint loose inside steering