Q: Someone ran a red light and hit my left front corner causing me to run right into them as they were still in front of me

I had a wreck a week ago a petson pulled out in front of me he hit driver front of my Grand Marquis and then was still in front of me and when we stopped I was totally wrecked on the front end totaled. I saw an airbag hanging limp like a thin washcloth I don't remember seeing it deployed I'm hurt badly ,my chest my teeth and Jaws even hurtI had a bruises on my forehead and broken ribs and three layers of skin cut open through my arm, thus blood clot that the authorities say the airbag did my question is duz my car have one or two airbags will they have caused these injuries? and was not buckled up ...25mph and is there a way that authorities can look at my car and the airbags and tell that I was not buckled up because I don't remember them asking me and the passenger airbag never did deploy.. it kind of bothers me that I don't remember that airbag at all when I went to look at the car at the salvage yard it wasn't hanging down anymore it was poofing out of my steering wheel

A: Your car has one airbag (dual-stage) in the...

Your car has one airbag (dual-stage) in the steering wheel center, which you observed had inflated along with the dual-stage passenger air bag. Some models (GS) had the option of having side air bags, stored in the side of the front seat. If an airbag is exposed, and is now hanging limp, it surely deployed. Whether it deployed properly will require the services of an auto crash investigator, an engineer who has expertise and qualifications for what to look for, including your injuries. It is possible that the "crash box" - the device under most passenger seats that makes the decision to deploy which airbags - MAY have seatbelt status information. Recent speed and other data are captured by this device as well for the purpose of deployed safety gear in a crash. Again, a crash investigator engineer will be able to answer these deeper questions.