Q: So I had two codes come up for two of my o2 sensors..replaced them both and check engine light is still on...my mechanic seems to

Had a code show up for one o2 sensor and attempted to fix it myself...had bad wiring so that turned out to be a mess..shorted out the wires to my transmission...fixed all wiring issues and had another code pop up for a different o2 sensor...have had both sensors replaced and all wiring fixed and I keep getting the same code for the same o2 sensor...is it possible I fried my computer? My mechanic seems to think that is the only other option for why this code keeps popping up after repairs have been made..

A: Hi there: Although it's hard to say if...

Hi there:

Although it's hard to say if there was serious damage done to your ECM during this service, it's more likely that the stored error codes were never cleared from the ECM, and that's why the warning lights still appear. This is a common oversight with some mechanics, but if you have a mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection, they should be able to clear those stored codes and determine if further damage has occurred.