Q: Slipping or skipping

Going down the road nissan shifts to overdrive and there is like a skipping or slipping feeling when running 60mph at 1800 rpms and when it occurs the rpms remain the same no fluctuations.

A: If a transmission is slipping, the engine R...

If a transmission is slipping, the engine RPMs will increase but the vehicle speed will not. Often times an engine performance problem, such as a bad sensor, will mimic a transmission issue. That would be what you're experiencing or you may have a legitimate transmission issue such as a delayed or harsh shift. The only way to know for certain is to have your shifting issue diagnosed by a professional. YourMechanic is an excellent option since we come to your home or office.