Q: the cars steering wheel is jerking to the left

asked by on February 27, 2017

the cars steering wheel is jerking to the left i just changed the steering rack and pump it is jerking so hard that you cant stop it and if you try it will litterally break your wrist can you please explain to me why this is happening? thanks in advance.

Hello. Two things that could be causing your the issue on the Sorento are a twisted power steering hose or a faulty new component(power steering rack, PS pump). I suggest you check all power steering hoses to make sure they are kink free and routed properly. I believe it will be a kinked hose more so than a failed new part, but failing new parts do happen. Also you’ll want to check the reviews of the steering rack and pump which was installed. If their reviews express that customers had similar experiences then either or will definitely be at fault. Consider having a technician from YourMechanic evaluate your power steering system for you. https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-shudders-when-turning-inspection