Q: Should my brakes and steering wheel shudder at only 28000 miles ? Ford says it's NOT a warranty issue .....

When brakes are applied from a speed above 35mph, the steering wheel and front end shudders. Dealer ( I bought it new from ) is telling me it's not a warranty issue . I drive mostly highway and do not tow anything as this truck also has a major driveline shudder that I've been trying to get resolved as well . Brake issue is only the latest of many problems with this truck . My question is should a light truck already need new or resurfaced rotors at under 30,000 miles ?

You are correct in thinking it is the front brakes. Your symptom is common for warped brake rotors. This can be cause by several things like rapid heating and uneven cooling, overheating the rotors, damage due to an accident, sticking calipers, improperly seated brake rotor, etc.

I suggest looking at your brake pads to see how worn they look (how thick) and inspecting your rotor for grooves or other damage. Depending on the quality of the parts that were installed, it is possible that you already need to resurface the rotors. A runout measurement will confirm if your rotors are warped, and by how much.

I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the braking system to determine the cause of your concern.

• Should my brakes and steering wheel shudder at only 28000 miles ? Ford says it's NOT a warranty issue .....