Q: should i have transmission fluid changed

transmission fluid never been changes 130000 miles. some say leave it alone as a change will cause problems. what are your recommendations and why?

A: Hello. I can understand your concerns with ...

Hello. I can understand your concerns with servicing the transmission at this point. Since the transmission has never been serviced you do run the risk of causing some issues to start prematurely. With that being said, you should have it serviced. Servicing the transmission will simply include a fluid change and a filter change. Doing this can help to preserve your transmission. Doing a flush as this point would not be a good idea. If you flush the transmission that can force some of the internal clutch material to come loose causing the transmission to slip. However, if the transmission fluid is very dirty or smells burnt, then you may be in for a transmission failure no matter what you do at this point. If the fluid is still in decent shape then do a simple service on it. If you plan on having a transmission fluid service, consider YourMachanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you and see what would be best for your vehicle.