Q: Shifter lever will not move

I just replaced my internal hydraulic slave cylinder. I had to drop my transaxle case to get to the clutch case (neither where completely removed just pulled back enough to get into) and now with the new slave installed and the cases bolted back down the shifter lever does not move while the engine os turned off. I looked everywhere for an answer. I dont think its a synchro issue because I cant get it into any gears. Could it be as simple as putting the new clutch fluid in the system? (The clutch system has no fluid left in it)

Clutch is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The clutch must be functioning to shift the gears, that is you must be able to activate the release lever (hydraulically in your case) to disengage the pressure plate, and thence friction material, from the flywheel. Once you are able to actuate the clutch hydraulically, the gears will shift. If you need assistance bleeding the hydraulic circuit and performing the final checkout, please request a clutch diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.