Q: shift lever

shift truck into gear and lever is almost in d1 rather than d

A: Hi there. The steering column will need to ...

Hi there. The steering column will need to have the shifter rod replaced with new plastic bushings. The bushings wear and will allow the shift linkage to get out of alignment. Also, the shifter can come loose on the end of the steering column shifter rod and will need to be replaced if it came loose. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the shifting issue on your vehicle and suggest an appropriate repair.