Q: SES light crack noise

I heard a loud crack from my car while driving today. I was accelerating at the time and the noise came from my engine. I needed to stop at the store and had parked for an hour or so. When I came back to it I got in and started it up. The Service Engine Soon light was on. On the way home I got very poor throttle response between second and third gear. All of a sudden the engine jerked forward and revved up on it’s own. In park the engine sputtered out and stalled. Could this be a High Pressure Fuel Pump problem? What do you think?

A: Hello. The symptoms you describe are actual...

Hello. The symptoms you describe are actually a common known occurrence among 135i models. The 135i uses a turbocharged engine that generates high boost pressures, which can sometimes cause boost hoses to come free due to excessive pressure. I would have the engine bay carefully examined for any loose hoses or components. The Check Engine Light may be activated as a result of the pressure leak due to the loose hose. If all hoses appear to be connected, I would then move on to inspecting the rest of the vehicle’s engine management systems and components, including the fuel pumps, as stalling can be caused by a wide variety of issues. If you want to have this checked by a certified mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your stalling problem and determine why your Check Engine Light came on.