Q: Serpentine belt came off of 1995 Chevrolet Camaro

I bought this car from a private party. The car had been sitting a while and the last owner said he had changed the serpentine belt recently. It ran good the first time I drove it home. I decided to drive it to work and on the way home the car died. After looking under the hood, I noticed the serpentine belt had came off, and had knocked the radiator hose off, and tore some wires out in the process. I need the car looked at to see what needs to be done to get it running again.

A: If the belt was replaced prior to purchasin...

If the belt was replaced prior to purchasing it, and the belt immediately broke, there could be another problem. Most likely one of the pulleys used as an idler or for one of the accessories could be seized causing the belt to repeatedly burn or break off. The belt tensioner could also be defective. If one of the radiator hoses got taken off when the belt failed then a coolant flush should be carried out and the system should be bled to ensure there aren't any air pockets in the cooling system which would cause overheating issues. The wiring can be repaired as well. I would recommend having a qualified technician come out and confirm your issue and repair or replace the serpentine belt as necessary.