Q: security wiring is different with another steering column that I installed.

I had the original 98 chevy steering column with a security setting yellow oragnge and red. The steering column I put in doesn't have the chip or wires. It starts and dies starts and dies. I put a wire from fuel pump to battery and it still starts and dies. Yes the fuel pump comes on. I put gas in the throttle and kept spraying gas to keep it tuning for 33 minutes when I stop spraying it dies

Hi there. If you still have the other steering column, then you will have to remove the security chip and wiring set from it and install it into the steering column that you have. What is happening is the security is set and will not shut off without the wires and chip set in the steering column and this is why the engine starts and stalls. If you need further assistance with your steering column, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• security wiring is different with another steering column that I installed.