Q: seatbelt override into gear

My seatbelt has to be on in order to put my Z4 into gear. I have to explain to the carwash employee that the seat belt has to be on in order to put the car into gear. Is there an override for the seatbelt so I can put the car in gear without the belt being on?

Hello. There doesn’t seem to be an override that will allow the car to go into gear without the seatbelt being on. This is a safety feature that is installed by the manufacturer to ensure that the seatbelt is on before the car can be driven. Overriding this safety feature could compromise other safety systems in your car. You could potentially bring the car dealer to see if they can offer some options for this that are not readily known.

3. seatbelt override into gear