Q: Q: Seat Belt

The front passanger seat belt is stuck and will not retract on my 2002 Ford Mustang Basic

Hi there. The seat belt system is designed to lock if pulled out too fast or if in a fast stop. Inside the mechanism for the belt there is a mechanism that controls this locking and is not serviceable at all. If it is found to be defective, then the seat belt assembly would have to be replaced. It’s always a good idea to let a professional mechanic or the dealership replace this component as it’s a safety system.

3. Q: Seat Belt