Q: Scraping noise in front brakes

asked by on September 21, 2016

Scraping noise from front right when applying brakes which mtaches the rotation of the tire. No noise when not using breaks. Replaced pads and rotors and still have the noise.

You should first lift wheel off the ground and support it. Then try wiggling the tire up and down or side to side to see if you feel any looseness in the wheel bearing and hub. Then spin the wheel to see if you feel any grinding in the bearing. If problems are found then you may need to repair the wheel bearings in the front axle hubs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr