Q: running normal, dies after warm, will not start for appx 1hour

My car seems to be dying as the RPMs drop or as I am stopping. I cannot keep it alive by keeping my foot on the gas, and after about a half hour of driving, it just dies, still will try to turn over, but will not start. I put a full tank of shell premium and a bottle of heet additive, but didnt seem to remedy the problem. Once it does start, it starts instantly. Thank you

Hello. Though there are many reasons why this can occur, there are two common issues that will cause this on your vehicle. The most common cause being a failure in the distributor. It is common for the ignitor to fail as it heats up and not be able to provide the correct ignition. It can also be an issue with the fuel pump or the main relay but those are not as common. I usually start by checking to see if the vehicle is losing spark or fuel when this occurs and that will tell me which system to begin testing. If you are planning on having this issue with the car turning off fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the cat is stalling] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-stalling-inspection