Q: Rubbing noise when turning sharply to right and straight

My car was making a rubbing noise or groaning noise when I would make a sharp right turn now I can hear it when I start it and when I'm also going straight down the road and it seems a little more profound when I speed up or when I'm clutching, but seems worse when turning right. I already replaced the serpentine belt and the noise is still there. I'm out of ideas what could this be? Power steering pump? All pulleys seem to spin freely. This noise is also heard when the car is started and idling and is more profound when giving it a little more gas. My steering wheel seems to turn fine though and have not seen any puddles of fluid under the car. Thank you for your help.

Hi there:

If you’re getting a grinding or rubbing noise as the vehicle is turning and also going straight, it’s most likely caused by wheel bearings that are faulty or wearing out. However, it could be other front end suspension components like the CV joint that are wearing out and need to be replaced as well. To know for sure, you might want to contact a professional mobile mechanic and have them complete a car is making a noise inspection so they can determine precisely what’s wrong and recommend the right repairs.

3. Rubbing noise when turning sharply to right and straight