Q: Car cutting off

asked by on February 15, 2017

I am wondering if the o2 sensor could be causing the car to cut off when it driven for a long time or left running for a long time. To give you an example i could drive over 15 miles and the the car will turn off but sometimes it will start right back up or it stalls a while before starting back up.. I am just trying to trouble shoot to see what is my best option...

I would not think an O2 sensor would cause a stall and no or hard restart. I would think you have a problem with a fuel pump or pump power supply problem. This could cause O2 sensor codes if vehicle is ran lean from a fuel pump problem. I would recommend having the computer scanned and fuel pressures checked to see if you are losing fuel pressure when the vehicle stalls or no starts. You may need to replace the fuel pump in the fuel tank.