Q: Rpms

Okay this first problem ive had with my car. Ive noticed my rpm are running higher than usual. As if my gears are having trouble shifting to next gear. Also if i put it in slap shift mode it runs perfectly. Im wondering could this be a transmission problem or fuel problem?

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided. The delayed shift sounds more like a programming issue. I would think with only 34,000 miles, this is something that, should be covered under manufacturer’s warranty. I would recommend contacting the dealership service center with the vehicle’s VIN (vehicle identification number). Ask if this a warranty issue, a recall, or TSB (technical service bulletin) for reprogramming. If, you receive no satisfaction, I recommend having your vehicle’s transmission delayed shift be inspected and diagnosed by a certified technician from YourMechanic.