Q: Rough idling when cold, would not idle when it warms up

My vehicle has idling problems. When it is cold, my car would idle roughly. It wouldn't idle at all when the vehicle warms up. It has around 200,000 miles on it. I had fuel filter and fuel pump replaced. Also, the iar filter, spark plugs and wires were changed along with MAF, PCV, IAC and MAP. The car runs well at higher speeds. I don't know what the problem is. Please give me some advice.

Hello. It sounds like you have already changed a lot of parts on this. Most of the time, the issue is actually caused by a leaking intake manifold gasket. This is the most common issue on this vehicle. It leaks and causes a serious vacuum leak which affects the engine as you mentioned, but allows it to run fine at higher speeds or better once it is warm. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s rough idling issue.