Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-138nv5kjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-138nv5kjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-18535-138nv5kjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-138nv5kjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-138nv5kjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-138nv5kjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-138nv5kjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-138nv5kjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-138nv5kjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-18535-138nv5kjs:173:8

Q: my transmission is "slipping" 3% of the time

when sitting at a stop the transmission will make a loud noise and jerk the car. Some time when accelerating from a stop the transmission will slip out of gear and as if I put the car in neutral and the engine will rev up without moving. I must ease off on the gas and the transmission will reengage. sometimes while cruising at 30 - 40 mph the transmission will slip out of gear. More rarely on the highway while cruising the transmission will also slip. all this about 3% of the time. I was told that I can drive the car like this without having to spend what I was quotes $2,600 to rebuild the transmission. any comments or advice?

A: Hello. From what you describe, it would app...

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your transmission is beginning to slip. This can be caused by many things. The first thing I would do is check the vehicle's transmission. Automatic transmission use fluid pressure to operate, and will have all sorts of issues if the fluid is low or dirty. If the fluid checks out, I would then move on to looking at the transmission itself. It may be possible that one of the components, such as a sensor or solenoid may be going out and causing your issue. It may also be possible that the transmission is simply worn out and can no longer hold the engine torque, perhaps due to a worn clutch pack, valve body, or torque converter. In these cases of removal and overhaul of the transmission is required. You may be able to continue driving the vehicle, however, because it may cause the symptoms to worsen over time if the issue is not quickly addressed.