Q: right side back up light inop .

right side has 5.4v at connector for light all the time . left side works and changes to 11.9 v . is the back up light switch in the shifter and when does it split for each side . any help would be great . thank you dave

Hello, thank you for writing in. The reverse lights have a switch located on the transmission itself. They also have a fuse before that. Chances are both of these are good and your issue lies with the wiring itself, or the terminal for the bulb on the right side. You will want to double check the connections to the terminal. A loose or corroded wire will cause excess resistance in the circuit and less voltage. There should also be one more connector between the switch and bulb where the power supply splits between the left and right reverse lamps, and a few other circuits. More electrical testing can be done on these wires and connections to see where the voltage is being lost. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.